Mount eBikes is based in Mt Maunganui specialising in top quality electric bikes. Our showroom currently stocks a range of the award-winning, globally recognised eZee e-bikes and accessories (see below). These bikes are renowned for their power and reliability using quality components including the biggest names in the industry such as Shimano, Cateye, AXA, and Schwalbe to name a few.
Owner Joseph, is an experienced and qualified technician and personally selects and quality checks every bike we stock. His eye for quality design and manufacturing ensures that we only have the best electric bikes available.
Joseph will assist you in trying and finding the right bike for your cycling style and lifestyle needs. He can also set you up with any accessories and adjustments needed to your bike to get you riding in electric style.
eZeebike is an international electric bicycle brand with distribution throughout the world and with a long history in New Zealand. Established in 2001, it is known for its uncompromising attention to what makes an electric bicycle wonderful for the person who matters most – the rider! In the face of fashions and fads and many other design considerations it has always put the customer first. The result? eZeebikes have:
- The largest capacity batteries. 36V 19Ah (684Wh) as standard and an upgrade option to 36V 34Ah (1225Wh) for super long range riding! Perfect for hilly Auckland commutes or enjoying NZ’s rail trails!
- Absolutely fantastic hill-climbing performance. And that’s what an electric bicycle is for!
- The most user-friendly frames and features, such as step-through frames, AXA wheel locks for quick security, internal hub gears, double-leg kickstands and more
- The most robust components. Nobody wants a puncture, but eZee is the only e-bike brand in New Zealand to provide as standard the undisputed most puncture-proof tyre in the world, the Schwalbe Marathon Plus.
- Spare parts availability built into the design and backed up by comprehensive stock holdings. We can provide tech support in Auckland and around NZ, repairs, replacement batteries and spare parts for every single eZeebike that has ever rolled out of their factory. Many brands cannot provide parts for the bikes they sold this week!
- The widest range of models, with truly a bicycle for everyone, from the timeless city commuting workhorse the eZee Sprint 7L that has been chosen by 6 councils in New Zealand, to the phenomenon that is the eZee Expedir electric cargo bicycle that has been liberating families in NZ and around the world from daily use of their cars.
eZeebike was established in 2001 by Wai Won Ching, a Singaporean man of the world who has spent the last 2 decades in China. He lives at the eZee factory in Shanghai where he is involved in the hands-on design and manufacture of all of the models. eZee is its own manufacturer and does not have to take its designs to other factories for production. This allows complete control over quality and the ability to pick and choose which parts it uses. Most electric bicycle factories have enormous production numbers, producing bikes for many different companies. eZee’s annual production is comparatively very small, which means their electric bicycles are hand built, with their staff working in teams around each phase of the assembly, rather than each person performing only one very small task on a conveyor belt production line. Wai Won Ching is constantly travelling the world keeping abreast of the latest technology and seeing how cities across the globe are taking up electric bicycles. He has tested his electric bicycles extensively on adventures across Africa, the entire Silk Road and accompanying us on a 6000km trip from Perth to Sydney in 2013. An unforgettable character with fierce determination, strong work ethic and great humour, he has every reason to be proud of his pioneering work in the global electric bicycle industry and the world-beating e-bikes his company continues to produce.